Year in Review
The first official issue of this newsletter dropped Feb 24, 2020. At that point, I had about 2,000 subscribers; that number is now over 50,000 (for which I am very, very grateful). But a result of this is that I often get emails asking about topics that I covered in the past. And while the COVID-19 posts tend to be more timely, many of the non-COVID posts are not.
So, today, a quick post highlighting a few posts (mostly non-COVID) that you might have missed.
- Nitrous oxide for pain relief in labor?
- Screen time and white matter in the brain
- Does teething cause fever?
- Germ exposure — are we missing it due to COVID?
- Kids, food and picky eating
- Pregnancy and sleep position (yes, you can sleep on your back)
- Cannabis and pregnancy, alcohol and pregnancy
- Do I need to switch milks?
- Breastmilk freezing/unfreezing/refreezing
And, finally, the top COVID posts:
- Grandparents and Day Care, still the most popular post
- Safety Lasagna and it’s cousin, Safety Turduken.
People sometime ask how they can support the newsletter. All of the content here is free. I do not currently plan to enable paid subscriptions. If you do enjoy the content and want to support more if it, the best way is to buy my books. Especially to pre-order the new one, The Family Firm, which is out in August. You can read more about it here.
Please keep the suggestions coming for both COVID and non-COVID topics. Gas stoves coming later this week, I hope. Unless I get distracted by Phthaltes.